Picture

Recently, I have made some big leaps with my family and professional career. From one type of music therapy work where I had much experience and expertise then suddenly (actually the next day) into a new music therapy work environment. As I turned to face this in the typically human manner with excitement and nervousness; I wondered will I be a good fit? I realized that this is just that type of big life change that impacts so many of us or stuns us for a moment.  As a music therapist, expressive arts therapist, and counselor with Music Journey, LLC I meet many people who come seeking help in similar moments in their lives. As this recognition hit me, I decided to write a bit on just those human experiences Transition and Change, and Impermanence.

Transition, for me this transition has a deep personal and family component. Simply by moving from one job to another impacted my experience of both stress and success. These simple work changes really shook me. As I moved from a work place where my feelings of competence and expertise were a normal inner experience for me. I also found myself with new questions of what to do, when to act, who should I ask, and how to I simply improve my work in this setting? I found so many questions and so much to learn. Yet, I feel that these questions guide me to how to respond with awareness to these new parts of my work. As I slowly, answered these questions of what do I do in any particular situation. First, I recall I need to take a breath and return to my awareness, this is very important for such intimate and sensitive work as making music by someone's bedside in a hospital. Next, after breathing a few breaths and deeply listening to the person I feel able to be present and then act out of a larger sense of compassion. Then if a moment comes up that all seems a bit too much, I turn to one the helpful colleagues that have welcomed me aboard and ask for help. Lastly, the notion of striving and working to improve the quality of my work is always present. So much that I have enlisted the assistance of a highly skilled consultant to help me to review and reflect on my work in this new setting of a general medical hospital. This has been hugely helpful for me over the past months of this new work.

Now to consider change, my example comes from my life and work. However, I have met many people who come to me for assistance whom speak of the fears and inabilities to approach make changes they want for themselves or changes that continue to elude the person. For me change can be tough sometimes even when things are full of ease. Sometimes, things just don't go easily. I find that abrupt changes really toss me and I have to reach out to my loved ones and reach inwardly in meditation for real stabilization.
As one of the therapist with Music Journey, LLC , I have witnessed and been present in moments of change for people in many different ways. From realizations that there are ways to manage anxiety that really help ease the suffering to recognizing a pattern in life that has been unhelpful for too long. In my work and life, I aim to make myself available to be present and aware in the moment striving to deeply listen so as to understand the person who has entrusted me with a tiny part of their life.

Finally, the much larger notion of Impermanence is so real for me lately. First the larger human fact that I will die and more simply things seem to always shift and change.  Recently, I catch a melody or song floating by in my head. A few times I’ve heard the floating melody from a song the words stating, " do you realize that everyone you know someday die".  As I listen to this phrase and reflect on my recent work with people with serious health conditions I recall moments of making music (musicing) with a person who is on the cusp of some major life change, surgery, or death. I feel an emotional tug toward these tender moments sometimes quiet and sometimes boisterous. These moments change me, causing deep listening where I notice the need to slow down and listen deeply as I feel this experience personally and do my work professionally. I attempt each day to make these experiences in music, these sacred moments, special. I attempt to prize my moments with people and appreciate the wonderful present moment.
Real opportunities to experience the impermanence that is this life and to be present in a person/ families life makes this work so sweet. These Moments seem simple and yet enormous fitting as the theme of painting, a poem, a song , or a dance.

Writing this to and from work, I am suddenly slowed down and brought into a mindful moment with breath and words. I hope that something from this writing lends readers a bit of help today or at least a moment of beauty in your own life.

Aaron

Comments

Really Nice Article Posted

07/24/2016 5:30pm

Making some big leaps can be terrifying. Though, it is necessary for you to move from where you are currently standing to a step closer to where you long to be. Undoubtedly, it will have a great impact. One will have to adjust in order to make the transition. I think it is good that the author of the article shared his thoughts and experiences. It helps and encourages others who go through the same thing.

01/19/2016 2:25pm

Thanks for sharing

Based on traditions, with groundhog day, one particular ought to take notice of the dig front door of an groundhog (woodchuck).

If your groundhog on from their dig and also isn't going to see the darkness for the reason that temperature will be non-sunny, signifies winter will certainly before long stop.

By simply negatives, if groundhog sees the darkness for the reason that temperature will be bright and also apparent, it'll be frightened and also get haven back in the hole.

Your Groundhog Morning is often a celebration very much well-liked inside united states, America, GREAT BRITAIN, along with known to the Jan 3 every year.

04/03/2016 5:07am

Manchester escorts in tune with their choice and preference! If you are in love with curve and bigger assets, then you will surely be glad to come across such lovely, gorgeous busty exotic Manchester girls, here!

04/05/2016 4:15pm

It's an extra ordinary post. It gives us a lot new idea. Thanks.

04/21/2016 12:31am

Music unites creativity, culture and people with brands to deliver better business, better branding and better communication.

04/23/2016 3:53pm

It's pretty clear for me. A very good post indeed!!

04/25/2016 12:13am

Create beautiful music videos with your favorite songs, and share with friends. Musical.ly is the world's fastest growing social network around music and lifestyle.

04/27/2016 3:56pm

Some people will thank you for this interesting idea, including me of course.

Find a great selection of soundbars at NFM! Shop for great deals on soundbars and other home audio products.

06/13/2016 12:00am

Good to read this information. I like this blog and very informative. learn guitar music and also buy quality guitar pedals by visiting my blog.

06/15/2016 9:11am

For buyers and piano enthusiasts in Australia who wish to know more about Digital & Electric Pianos and How To Purchase, contact Gospel Pianos.

07/19/2016 5:48am

Superb blog site, lots of beneficial information. occurs all the time.

07/21/2016 7:32pm

I am very interested in all the information written on this page, for that I can only say thank you to all those I've read on this page.

08/09/2016 4:18pm

The explanation is very clear. Thank you very much.

08/11/2016 10:32am

Woww So clear.
Thanks for your info.

12/25/2016 6:53am

Getting private understudy advances is a decent approach to fund your instructive educational cost when government understudy credits can't cover it. Before paying the obligations back, uniting private understudy advances is a typical thing to do to deal with the installment.

12/30/2016 1:27am

There are a few home credit choices accessible to home purchasers in today's market. For some, putting 20% down on a property is impossible, such a large number of home purchasers need to search for advance projects that require under 20% down.

12/30/2016 4:28am

While there are many banks and firms offering numerous monetary arrangements to these forthcoming purchasers, there is a requirement for master exhortation on Home Loans. It is basic that you recognize what the laws of the state are and what the different alternatives accessible are in order to make your advance adventure smooth and simple.

12/31/2016 4:00am

In order to become preapproved, you will give your lender your W-2 or 1099 Forms, Paycheck Stubs, as well as savings or checking acccount statements. In addition, it is necessary to run your credit, unless you have a recent credit report copy handy.

12/31/2016 12:43pm

Traditional home loan advance organizations barely ever give their home loan advance items to people with low FICO ratings. You might inquire as to why? Since on the off chance that you have encountered issues paying your obligations, Visas or monetary credits in past circumstances, you are a negative danger.

01/01/2017 12:45pm

Home credits can be gotten through government offices or private loan specialists. It is anything but difficult to return home credits nowadays with even land financial specialists offering money to borrowers who may not generally meet all requirements for a customary home advance.

01/01/2017 2:04pm

On the off chance that you're pondering obtaining a property, decent thinking would likely instruct you to consider a home loan credits. Contract advances are offered by a significant number of monetary establishments so you could purchase a habitation.

03/07/2017 8:51am

03/11/2017 11:23pm

The actual explanation is actually the two comprehensive with regard to clearness and also repeated with regard to focus.

Instead of taking a look at the specific effected section of the entire body, organic medication discusses what exactly is incorrect using the entire individual.

03/12/2017 4:32pm

Ashwagandha is actually particular with regard to an array of circumstances such as arthritis swelling, panic, sleeplessness, breathing problems, anxious problems, gynecological problems, men infertility and also erectile dysfunction.

03/15/2017 10:46pm

04/24/2017 3:45am

I am very enjoyed for this blog. It’s an informative topic. It helps me very much to solve some problems. Their opportunities are so fantastic and working style so speedy. Now follow-up <a href="https://www.usacheckcashingstore.com/carson">Cash Advance Carson</a>I think it may be help all of you.

06/21/2017 10:45pm

Agen Bola terpercaya di Indonesia.

Awesome post! Really enjoyed this post. But I want more information on such valuable topic.

08/03/2017 6:19pm

Thanks for this information. I like it.